Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Raccoon on my front porch



This morning I awoke to the dog that lives on my porch barking! After looking out my window I noticed a animal washing it’s paw’s in the dog’s water dish. I opened my front door and looked out of my screen door to take a closer look at the funny looking creature. I noticed it was a young Raccoon. I have lived in my home for a little over 2 years and have never seen raccoon’s.

The raccoon did not notice me although I was taking photo’s of it from my door. I figured it was sick as a lot of raccoons in the area are coming down with diseases that are killing them off. I also wondered how was I going to walk pass this sick raccoon in 30 min to work in the art Gallery that carries my artwork. A good friend came over to assist me and we decided to call Animal control.

By this time the raccoon had curled up into a ball and went to sleep on my stoop. After calling Animal Control we realized that they might take the stray pregnant dog that lives on my porch.  I left a note addressed to Animal Control telling them to only take the Raccoon. We will see. I’m not use to this much excitement in the morning at my home. 












No comments:

Post a Comment