Sunday, April 24, 2016

Le Petit Déjeuner at Peter's house

My German friend Pascal enjoying Le Petit Déjeuner at Peter's antiques filled French Quarter house. 

A few Winters ago my German friend named Pascal come to New Orleans for a visit.  When I told my friend Peter that this young German guy was a Francophile, we were both invited over to Peter's lovely house for Petit Déjeuner. 


Upon our arrival a nice fire was going in the early 19th century marble fireplace.  

Sprouting Louisiana mirlitons on a Wedding band Old Paris stand. 


We had a lovely Déjeuner of spice cake and café au lait. 

in the foreground you can see my painting of The Governor Jaques Dupré Plantation House, commissioned by my friend Peter. 

Commissioned painting of The Governor Jaques Dupré Plantation House for my friend Peter. He give it to the owner of the house as a gift. 



Peter's Vignettes of Antiques are so beautiful. 

A painting I did pre Katrina hanging in Peters house titled "Champs-Élysées Creole Cottage"


Champs-Élysées Creole Cottage

You can check out my Creole Folk Art & Antiques here 

https://squareup.com/store/andrew-hopkins


No comments:

Post a Comment